Tuesday, August 5, 2008

taut as a spring when time becomes a simple matters to me

from lines by quicksand
10 results of 16100, Tuesday, August 5, 2008, 9:56:31 am EDT

?It
matters to
me what stories

get told on
screen,? says
Millward.

...
Back with
a

taut new crime
film, Sidney
Lumet

has plenty more
to give.
...

Archetype has become
a vogue-word
in

criticism today, and
Grotowski himself
was

....
and then
advances

toward them, taut,
expectant, alert,
spring-heeled.

What
ensues is
a taut and

frightening
film as
Russell and company

try and determine

who

is
really human
and who has

She
relishes the
ordinary in "Simple

Passion"
too. "Sentimental
songs," she


writes, "moved
me deeply," accepting

both
their power
and their silliness.

She relishes the
ordinary in
"Simple

Passion"
too. "Sentimental
songs," she


writes, "moved
me deeply," accepting

both
their power
and their silliness.

times. table of
contents. the
newsletter

of Bavarian Autosport.
spring .....


As the
oil ages,
it

will
become darker
yet will still

Jan 25, 2007
... Existence
seems

to me more
like a
segmented

balloon: here slack,
there taut.



Or one
of those straw

wrappers
we used
to tear into

Very quickly you
will move
on

from simple matters
of taste
-

what you like
to eat


... My
wife asks
me

what
I'm planning
for my vegan

on
me. He
taught me the

importance. and beauty
of economical
writing.

(His
World
War Two

memoir, Before. Their
Time, is
as

taut a piece
of story-
...

experience,
may after
a time become

relatively
light, and
... their edges

to
a
board, and

are kept "
taut" by
wires

1 comment:

J Dougherty said...

Can you tell me where Ire Street is? You seem to be familiar with the area.